Bachelor of Secondary Education
A global center of excellence for Teacher Education.
Produce educators who are globally competent in knowledge and skills; visionaries at
the forefronts of service imbued with deep commitment to holistic human development.
1. Equip future teachers with knowledge and skills required to qualify them for the various
functions and roles involved in the teaching profession;
2. Provide a well-planned, relevant and outcome based curriculum vis-à-vis the guidelines set
by the Commission of Higher Education.
3. Give opportunities for exposure to areas of instruction, research and extension relevant to
the teaching profession;
4. Immerse student-teachers in different teaching-learning environment in actual classroom
settings both in private and public schools which they can apply learned pedagogy into
5. Adhere to all the domains stipulated in the Philippine Professional Standard for Teachers
(PPST) to acquire minimum qualifications necessary for the teaching profession.
PROGRAMS AND OBJECTIVES
Bachelor of Secondary Education Major in English
1. Possess broad knowledge of language and literature for effective learning.
2. Use English as a global language in multilingual context as it applies to the teaching of language and literature.
3. Acquire extensive reading background in language, literature, and allied fields.
4. Demonstrate proficiency in oral and written communication
5. Shows competence in employing innovative language and literature teaching approaches, methodologies, and strategies
6. Use technology in facilitating language learning and teaching
7. Inspire students and colleagues to lead relevant and transformative changes to improve learning and teaching language and literature
8. Display skills and abilities to be a reflective and research-oriented language and literature teacher.
PROGRAMS AND OBJECTIVES
Bachelor of Secondary Education Major in Mathematics
1. Exhibit competence in mathematical concepts and procedures
2. Exhibit proficiency in relating mathematics to other curricular areas
3. Manifest meaningful and comprehensive pedagogical content knowledge (PCK) of
4. Demonstrate competence in designing, constructing, and utilizing different forms of
assessment in mathematics
5. Demonstrate proficiency in problem-solving by solving and creating routine and non-routine problems with different levels of complexity
6. Use effectively appropriate approaches, methods, and techniques in teaching mathematics including technological tools
7. Appreciate mathematics as an opportunity for creative work, moments of enlightenment, discovery and gaining insights of the world
High School Teacher
Elementary School Teacher