Jose Maria College believes that education is an ennobling force that leads to the enlightenment and transformation of individuals.
Jose Maria College is a leading educational institution in the Philippines and in the Asia-Pacific Region committed to total human development for the well-being of society and the environment.
The mission of Jose Maria College is to achieve and sustain excellence in every area of its teaching and research, developing and maintaining its position as a recognized leading world class educational institution, and enriching the international, national, and regional communities through the fruits of its research and instruction, the productivity of its alumni and staff, and the publishing of academic and educational materials.
JMC’s commitment to excellence is reflected in its six over-arching goals, articulated below.
- Student Excellence. Enroll, educate, and graduate the most deserving, promising and diverse student body possible. Provide all students (basic education and undergraduate) with an education that is innovative, distinctive, and of the highest quality, that inspires in them a zest for learning.
- Excellence in Research, Scholarship and Creativity. Achieve national and global pre-eminence in research, scholarship and creativity.
- Faculty Excellence. Recruit, nurture and retain a diverse faculty who are outstanding scholars and teachers and an excellent, qualified staff who provide outstanding support to faculty and students.
- Excellence in Public Engagement. Strengthen the engagement of the institution’s instruction, research, and extension programs with local, national, and international communities, consonant with its stature as an academically distinguished private institution with a mission.
- Organizational and Staff Excellence. Review and enhance organizational structure and processes that promote and support academic excellence..
- Educational Excellence. Attain meritorious standard in instruction and instructional leadership in the compliance of government programs and mandates, and in the pursuance of regional and global trends and innovations.